Detect and Reverse Heart Disease
Proactive Wellness Centers is now offering Advanced Cardiac Evaluation (ACE) and Advanced Cardiac Treatment (ACT) programs to help patients prevent, reverse and mitigate cardiovascular disease. “We are now offering Advanced Carotid Intima Media Thickness (CIMT) imaging combined with emerging scientifically validated biomarkers that we can measure from simple blood tests to identify, prevent, reverse and mitigate cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease formations which lead to heart attacks and strokes”, says Dr. Lawson, Medical Director. The following summary of the relevant data highlights the importance of the emerging evaluation and treatment of this killer disease:
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one cause of deaths in the U.S. is cardiovascular disease. In fact, more men and women die from cardiovascular disease than the next 4 leading causes of death all combined. Here are some startling facts:
More than 800,000 people die in the U.S. each year of cardiovascular disease, making it, not cancer, the No.1 killer.
- In up to 40% of heart attack patients, traditional risk factors like elevated cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes are absent.
- One in four Americans who suffer a heart attack will die from their first incident which is frequently their first and only indication of ill health
With these data, cardiovascular disease is the greatest health risk facing American men and women today. Further, standard cholesterol tests are NOT helpful in gauging an individual’s risk of cardiovascular disease since approximately 60% of people who have a heart attack have normal cholesterol. More importantly, it has become widely accepted now that chronic silent inflammation is one of the key root causes of cardiovascular disease. At Proactive Wellness Centers, we have developed the Advanced Cardiac Evaluation (ACE) Program that uses a combination of leading-edge biomarkers and diagnostic tools to provide a more complete risk profile and even detection of early stages of disease and we have created the Advanced Cardiac Treatment (ACT) Program to bring patients the latest in scientifically validated protocols to prevent, reverse and mitigate these disease processes.
Hi Lynese – Just had to share this with you. I have appeared in an online newsletter (Legal Bisnow) twice – the first time a year ago and the second time today. Look at the difference in my photos!
It’s an absolute miracle! In the older photo even my eyelids look fat! I can’t get over how much I now look like my old self – of 20 years ago! I certainly don’t look like I’m closing in on 59, do I??
The best thing anyone has said to me so far was a comment made by a neighbor who saw me today for the first time in over a year. At first he didn’t recognize me. Then he just stared intently into my face for a few minutes and said “How is your mother?” (I was confused because he doesn’t know my mother). Then he said “I had to ask that because you look like your own daughter!” Wow!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Advanced Testing using True Health Lab (TH) Leading-Edge Testing
We use True Health Lab’s (TH) advanced testing as it provides significantly more data that supports early intervention than the standard lipid panel and other traditional markers. It is well establsihed that a standard lipid panel does not provide helpful information regarding cardiovascular health. Consider that 60% of first time heart attack victims had a “normal” lipid panel. So, we dig deeper using TH’s advanced testing that has been proven to save lives by providing clinicians with advanced markers that help to identify cardiovascular disease (CVD) well ahead of traditional markers. In a scientifically-validated study of over 7300 patients, half were treated conventionally and half were treated usign TH’s advanced markers, heart attacks were 41% lower in the HDL group vs the control group and strokes were 17% lower than the control group. If you want to avoid these dreaded diseases, you want owe it to yourself to get the TH advanced testing.
Carotid Intima Media Thickness (CIMT) Imaging with HeartSmartIMTplus™
CIMT with HeartSmartIMTplus™ is a non-invasive,cost-effective diagnostic tool that uses ultrasound imaging to provide the earliest detection of cardiovascular disease. The test takes only ten minutes and is done in our office. Specifically, HeartSmartIMTplus™ measures the intima media thickness of the carotid artery to determine the presence of sub-clinical atherosclerosis (cardiovascular disease that is undetected by other tests).
HeartSmartIMTplus™ also assesses the presence of plaque and plaque characteristics. This is important since “soft” plaque is more vulnerable to rupture and can break off causing a heart attack or stroke. Early detection allows us to tailor an intervention program that can reverse and mitigate the disease process, greatly reducing your chance of having a stroke or heart attack.
Figure 1 below illustrates the progression of cardiovascular disease that can be detected through HeartSmartIMTplus™ CIMT imaging.
Don’t you want to know your position on this chart before it is too late?
If we have your attention and you are ready to schedule your CIMT today, please call (703) 822-5003(703) 822-5003 and ask about getting scheduled for your life-saving CIMT scan or get started online uisng the online registration link below. There are 3 ways to get this life saving test.
- CIMT Scan Only for $375.00. This is for patients that are sufficiently compelled to know their status and just want the CIMT scan. It includes the CIMT and a 30 minute followup visit.
- Advanced Cardiac Evaluation $700.00. This is for patients that want to fully understand their cardiac risk profile. In includes the CIMT plus a blood draw for a comprehensive lipid and inflammation profile from the leading Clevland Heart Lab and Berkeley Heart Lab and a 1 1/2 hour visit with our Medical Director. Note that the cost shown does NOT include the cost of the lab tests as these tests are covered by most insurances. We will provide you with the appropriate diagnostic and test codes for you to determine coverage prior to the evaluation.
- Comprehensive Initial Assessment with ACE $975.00. This is for patients that want to gain the benefit of our ACE Program coupled with our Comprehensive Initial Assessment for hormone balance, weight and body fat, gut issues, other chronic issues such as fibromyalgia and fatigue). Note that the Comprehensive Initial Assessment includes the review of a comprehensive lab panel but does NOT include the cost of the lab tests as these tests are covered by most insurances. We will provide you with the appropriate diagnostic and test codes for you to determine coverage prior to the evaluation.
- Want to learn more? Click to watch a short video introduction to the benefits of a CIMT from Proactive Wellness