Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention
Proactive Wellness Centers is now offering Advanced Cardiac Evaluation (ACE) and Advanced Cardiac Treatment (ACT) programs to help patients prevent, reverse and mitigate cardiovascular disease. “We are now offering Advanced Carotid Intima Media Thickness (CIMT) imaging combined with emerging scientifically validated biomarkers that we can measure from simple blood tests to identify, prevent, reverse and mitigate cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease formations which lead to heart attacks and strokes”, says Dr. Lawson, Medical Director. The following summary of the relevant data highlights the importance of the emerging evaluation and treatment of this killer disease:
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one cause of deaths in the U.S. is cardiovascular disease. In fact, more men and women die from cardiovascular disease than the next 4 leading causes of death all combined. Here are some startling facts:
More than 800,000 people die in the U.S. each year of cardiovascular disease, making it, not cancer, the No.1 killer.
- In up to 40% of heart attack patients, traditional risk factors like elevated cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes are absent.
- One in four Americans who suffer a heart attack will die from their first incident which is frequently their first and only indication of ill health
With these data, cardiovascular disease is the greatest health risk facing American men and women today. Further, standard cholesterol tests are NOT helpful in gauging an individual’s risk of cardiovascular disease since approximately 60% of people who have a heart attack have normal cholesterol. More importantly, it has become widely accepted now that chronic silent inflammation is one of the key root causes of cardiovascular disease. At Proactive Wellness Centers, we have developed the Advanced Cardiac Evaluation (ACE) Program that uses a combination of leading-edge biomarkers and diagnostic tools to provide a more complete risk profile and even detection of early stages of disease and we have created the Advanced Cardiac Treatment (ACT) Program to bring patients the latest in scientifically validated protocols to prevent, reverse and mitigate these disease processes.
Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention Strategies
- Know your risk factors. For this, you will need the advanced cardiac tests that measure inflammation, genetic impacts, plaque and other risk factors
- Get your CIMT (further described below). This is the only non-invasive test that can provide a window into your arteries to help understand your plaque profile. High cholesterol does NOT equal plaque. Patients with high and low cholesterol have plaque in their arteries. There is no coorelation.
- Eat a healthy diet and exercise
- Take plenty of COQ10. This is a critical enzyme that is at the root of energy creation at the cellular level, especially in the cardiac tissues. For patients at higher risk, we recommend 400 mg daily and for patients at lower risk, we recommend 200 mg daily. In a recent long-term study of CoQ10 in combination with Selinium, the conclusion makes this point. “Long-term supplementation of selenium/coenzyme Q10 reduces cardiovascular mortality by 53% vs the control group (they didn’t get the CoQ10 and Selenium). The positive effects could also be seen in multiple lab tests and on echocardiography.”
- Work with a preventative medicine specialist who can direct you to minimize and mitigate your risk factors including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, susceptible genetics and other key risk factors.
June4, 2009. “Good morning! I have to tell you that I weigh 157… down from 191!!! OMG…thank you so much! I feel incredible!”
You are so great! I truly appreciate all you are doing for me. Phyllis and I are so fortunate to have found you.
“So far I have lost 30#’s in 6 weeks and have the energy of a 40 year old. Am so thankful to be able to handle unpacking and shelving 6000 books. I am up and down stepladders and extension ladders with books in tow. The awful arthritis pain is there but the energy isn’t depleted from the pain like before and I keep going like this for hours.”
Dare I say it out loud? It sure is looking as though Semorelin has given me my life back. I was so worried about skiing – afraid I’d ski one day and be in bed the rest of the week. But I was just fine. This past Saturday I prepared, served, and cleaned up (with help) dinner for 14. Sunday I was just fine.
Words cannot describe how happy I am with your anti-aging program. I have not felt this good in YEARS. Since getting pregnant in 1995 I have been overweight. Between 1992-1995 I was being treated for infertility and had to take all sorts of hormones that made me bloated and tired.
Now, at the age of 46 I have more energy and I look better than I have in YEARS. I actually THRIVE on exercise and do it religiously because I know it is the key to keeping the weight off and enjoying the foods that I love.
As a successful businesswoman, you often feel that you can’t have everything and I put my weight and health on hold to grow my business. You have given me the gift of being able to run a business AND look good. I am getting so much attention for my weight loss and it has helped my confidence and self esteem greatly.Since I do a lot of speaking engagements, I know that image is more important than what you say or how you say it. By looking better and appearing fit and healthy, I am a more powerful public speaker!
I can’t say enough about this gift you have given me and I hope you know how much I appreciate you.
On top of all of this, you are truly a beautiful person inside and out who provides a level of caring I have never seen from a doctor, weight loss clinic or other health professional.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My update. I feel pretty good!!! My bleeding is under control and I am now regular for the most part. Sometimes I will have a strange menstral bleed (long and slow), but I will take it compared to my old “normal”. I still love the progesterone and testosterone I am on. They leave me with no side effects.
I was very happy at my recent (Feb 6th) annual doc appt (physical). After the standard blood draw work up, my numbers were:
Vitamin D= 66.9 (down a bit from your work up which was 77, but still good)
Cholesterol=123 (down from 150 in Sept 2011)
Triglycerides=91 (down from 129 in Sept 2011)
So… I am the new spokesperson for HCG! I love that stuff!! smile The second round for me was amazing. I was very disciplined and determined and after about the 3rd day, it become very easy for me. I was able to drop 14lbs in an 18 day cycle!!!! AND….I am keeping that off with very little effort! OMG I couldn’t be happier! I am in the body that I am comfortable in once again! That feels so good. I am continuing to eat clean and exercise, it is a great life change!
Hi Lynese – In an old file I found a print out from an online longevity calculator I had used in 2007 (www.eons.com). I thought I was doing well because it said I would likely live to 86! But I just re-took the survey. Basically by cutting out the coffee, carbs and sugar, increasing my exercise and losing weight, I’ve apparently added 13 years to my life!! The calculator now says I could live to be 99!! With a little more exercise and a little less work, I could live to 106!! Thanks for all the added years Lynese!!!
All the best.
P.S. – I saw Diane over the weekend – she’s looking great, and is so happy with her weight loss.
Hi Lynese – Just had to share this with you. I have appeared in an online newsletter (Legal Bisnow) twice – the first time a year ago and the second time today. Look at the difference in my photos!
It’s an absolute miracle! In the older photo even my eyelids look fat! I can’t get over how much I now look like my old self – of 20 years ago! I certainly don’t look like I’m closing in on 59, do I??
The best thing anyone has said to me so far was a comment made by a neighbor who saw me today for the first time in over a year. At first he didn’t recognize me. Then he just stared intently into my face for a few minutes and said “How is your mother?” (I was confused because he doesn’t know my mother). Then he said “I had to ask that because you look like your own daughter!” Wow!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
“With that said, I have been getting incredible compliments:
“You look like a movie star”
“What have you been doing”
“You look amazing”
“You look ten years younger”
I feel incredible”
Hi – hope you are doing well. Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I’m getting there. I wanted to let you know I hit the 30 lb loss today!!! Yeah! So excited! Clothes that didn’t fit are fitting. Clothes I used to wear are too big. Feeling great! A little nervous about tomorrow’s feeding frenzy- but hoping to not overindulge too bad.
Anyway – just had to tell you that my size 12 pants have been falling off of me! I went to Target this weekend to get some cheap crop pants and shorts for the summer – still not wanting to invest much in clothes that are not my “target” size. (I’ve blown past the size 14 shorts I couldn’t fit into for years). And wouldn’t you know – the 12s were too big – I fit best in the size 10!!
I’M A 10!!! I’m amazed!!
I broke the 170 barrier too – I’m now 168. Just 13 pounds to go to my goal weight. I can’t believe it. The meds have been working like a charm. I think the extra thyroid has really boosted me past a plateau. I’m cleaning out my closet like a madwoman; I can’t believe how much clothing I have for donations.
I’m still getting double takes and amazed looks from people who haven’t seen me for awhile. And after remarking how great I look, a girlfriend recently peered suspiciously at me and said – “And have you had something done to your face too? You look younger!” And I do!
Hi Lynese — Great news – seems a fibroid has disappeared! The ultrasound revealed only one fibroid this time, and it is just a little teensy bit smaller than before. So it hasn’t gotten any bigger at all. And the other fibroid didn’t show up on the ultrasound. smile
Thank goodness I did not get that hysterectomy, huh? and thank goodness I came to you to start the bio-identical hormone therapy. I believe that the progesterone is working. And I’m so glad I’m not on the birth control pills anymore. BTW, haven’t had a period since September, and haven’t had any hot flashes either! Life is good.
Advanced Testing using True Health Lab (TH) Leading-Edge Testing
We use True Health Lab’s (TH) advanced testing as it provides significantly more data that supports early intervention than the standard lipid panel and other traditional markers. It is well establsihed that a standard lipid panel does not provide helpful information regarding cardiovascular health. Consider that 60% of first time heart attack victims had a “normal” lipid panel. So, we dig deeper using TH’s advanced testing that has been proven to save lives by providing clinicians with advanced markers that help to identify cardiovascular disease (CVD) well ahead of traditional markers. In a scientifically-validated study of over 7300 patients, half were treated conventionally and half were treated usign TH’s advanced markers, heart attacks were 41% lower in the HDL group vs the control group and strokes were 17% lower than the control group. If you want to avoid these dreaded diseases, you want owe it to yourself to get the TH advanced testing.
Carotid Intima Media Thickness (CIMT) Imaging with HeartSmartIMTplus™
CIMT with HeartSmartIMTplus™ is a non-invasive,cost-effective diagnostic tool that uses ultrasound imaging to provide the earliest detection of cardiovascular disease. The test takes only ten minutes and is done in our office. Specifically, HeartSmartIMTplus™ measures the intima media thickness of the carotid artery to determine the presence of sub-clinical atherosclerosis (cardiovascular disease that is undetected by other tests).
HeartSmartIMTplus™ also assesses the presence of plaque and plaque characteristics. This is important since “soft” plaque is more vulnerable to rupture and can break off causing a heart attack or stroke. Early detection allows us to tailor an intervention program that can reverse and mitigate the disease process, greatly reducing your chance of having a stroke or heart attack.
Figure 1 below illustrates the progression of cardiovascular disease that can be detected through HeartSmartIMTplus™ CIMT imaging.
Don’t you want to know your position on this chart before it is too late?
If we have your attention and you are ready to schedule your CIMT today, please call (703) 822-5003(703) 822-5003 and ask about getting scheduled for your life-saving CIMT scan or get started online uisng the online registration link below. There are 3 ways to get this life saving test.
- CIMT Scan Only for $375.00. This is for patients that are sufficiently compelled to know their status and just want the CIMT scan. It includes the CIMT and a 30 minute followup visit.
- Advanced Cardiac Evaluation $700.00. This is for patients that want to fully understand their cardiac risk profile. In includes the CIMT plus a blood draw for a comprehensive lipid and inflammation profile from the leading Clevland Heart Lab and Berkeley Heart Lab and a 1 1/2 hour visit with our Medical Director. Note that the cost shown does NOT include the cost of the lab tests as these tests are covered by most insurances. We will provide you with the appropriate diagnostic and test codes for you to determine coverage prior to the evaluation.
- Comprehensive Initial Assessment with ACE $975.00. This is for patients that want to gain the benefit of our ACE Program coupled with our Comprehensive Initial Assessment for hormone balance, weight and body fat, gut issues, other chronic issues such as fibromyalgia and fatigue). Note that the Comprehensive Initial Assessment includes the review of a comprehensive lab panel but does NOT include the cost of the lab tests as these tests are covered by most insurances. We will provide you with the appropriate diagnostic and test codes for you to determine coverage prior to the evaluation.
- Want to learn more? Click to watch a short video introduction to the benefits of a CIMT from Proactive Wellness