Getting Started with a Proactive Wellness Treatment Plan
10 Steps to Optimal Health with Proactive Wellness Centers
Below are ten steps to getting started with one of our treatment programs. All programs begin with a comprehensive initial assessment. The comprehensive initial assessment ranges from $475 – $975 depending on the scope of the visit. We do also offer mini consultations for $225 for patients that desire to spend approximately 30 minutes with Dr. Lawson in person prior to commencing with a treatment program. The $225 fee will be deducted from the initial assessment fee of $475 – $975 for patients that decide to come in for the comprehensive initial assessment. We accept cash, checks, credit cards and Care Credit for payment. We do not accept insurance.
Comprehensive Initial Assessment
- Get Educated. Explore our site, check out our resources page. Attend one of our interactive seminars.
- Talk with us. Call Proactive Wellness Centers at (703) 822-5003 to ask any unanswered questions.
- Start the Intake Process. Click here to get started
- Set your initial appointment using our online system. Follow the intake process to completion and you will be able to schedule your appointment online.
- Lab Tests (blood). After our office has received your CCAF and HHF, Dr. Lawson will develop and forward a lab requisition to you by email. With that lab requisition, go to your nearest Quest or LabCorp lab to have your blood drawn. Present the lab requisition and the lab will forward the results directly to Dr. Lawson. IMPORTANT: Please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org when you have completed your lab tests.
- Initial Appointment. Come to your initial appointment and plan to spend approximately 1 1/2 hours with Dr. Lawson. She will have already reviewed your HHF and lab results and be ready to discuss preliminary findings and any specialized tests that may be required. At the end of this visit, Dr. Lawson will discuss a customized treatment plan recommendation and any optional considerations. Our treatment plans include 12 Month Health Assurance Plans that incorporate bioidentical hormone therapy as clinically indicated and an intensive 12 week Metabolic Rejuvenation Program designed to help patients with signifcant weight loss goals overcome weightloss resistance quickly.
Supplements and Prescriptions
- Order supplements and prescription medications as necessary. All supplements and most specialized/compounded prescriptions are available through our online wellness store at www.proactivestore.com. For standard prescriptions and specialized prescriptions that are covered by insurance, you will deal directly with the pharmacy to provide your insurance and co-pay information.
- When clinically indicated or otherwise indicated by lab results or other indications, Dr. Lawson may recommend specialized testing. This may include food sensitivity testing, toxic metals testing and/or nutritional deficiency testing. If you have agreed to proceed with specialized testing, we will provide the specific ordering instructions and any special requirements such as blood draws or other specimen collection. Click here to learn more about specialized testing.
Patient Notebook – Take control of your health care
- When commencing a treatment program, patients are provided with a personalized notebook with placeholders for your specific treatment plan, lab results, educational materials and other information of interest. We also encourge and support the use of personal health records, such as Google Health or Microsoft Health Vault to further enable patients to take control of their health care.
Maintenance and Monitoring
- Followup Visits. All of our maintenance programs include followup visits so that we can monitor and adjust your prescriptions and supplement recommendations depending on your body’s particular response to the therapies we employ. This component is the only way that Dr. Lawson can help you achieve the optimal health you deserve. Betwen visits, patients on maintenance programs have email and phone access to Dr. Lawson if issues or questions arise. The first followup visit is typically within 4 weeks for 12 month programs and the following week for 12 week programs. Patients are provided access to our web-based appointment scheduling system and are allowed schedule their own followup visits.
Words cannot describe how happy I am with your anti-aging program. I have not felt this good in YEARS. Since getting pregnant in 1995 I have been overweight. Between 1992-1995 I was being treated for infertility and had to take all sorts of hormones that made me bloated and tired.
Now, at the age of 46 I have more energy and I look better than I have in YEARS. I actually THRIVE on exercise and do it religiously because I know it is the key to keeping the weight off and enjoying the foods that I love.
As a successful businesswoman, you often feel that you can’t have everything and I put my weight and health on hold to grow my business. You have given me the gift of being able to run a business AND look good. I am getting so much attention for my weight loss and it has helped my confidence and self esteem greatly.Since I do a lot of speaking engagements, I know that image is more important than what you say or how you say it. By looking better and appearing fit and healthy, I am a more powerful public speaker!
I can’t say enough about this gift you have given me and I hope you know how much I appreciate you.
On top of all of this, you are truly a beautiful person inside and out who provides a level of caring I have never seen from a doctor, weight loss clinic or other health professional.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dare I say it out loud? It sure is looking as though Semorelin has given me my life back. I was so worried about skiing – afraid I’d ski one day and be in bed the rest of the week. But I was just fine. This past Saturday I prepared, served, and cleaned up (with help) dinner for 14. Sunday I was just fine.
“So far I have lost 30#’s in 6 weeks and have the energy of a 40 year old. Am so thankful to be able to handle unpacking and shelving 6000 books. I am up and down stepladders and extension ladders with books in tow. The awful arthritis pain is there but the energy isn’t depleted from the pain like before and I keep going like this for hours.”
June4, 2009. “Good morning! I have to tell you that I weigh 157… down from 191!!! OMG…thank you so much! I feel incredible!”
You are so great! I truly appreciate all you are doing for me. Phyllis and I are so fortunate to have found you.
My update. I feel pretty good!!! My bleeding is under control and I am now regular for the most part. Sometimes I will have a strange menstral bleed (long and slow), but I will take it compared to my old “normal”. I still love the progesterone and testosterone I am on. They leave me with no side effects.
I was very happy at my recent (Feb 6th) annual doc appt (physical). After the standard blood draw work up, my numbers were:
Vitamin D= 66.9 (down a bit from your work up which was 77, but still good)
Cholesterol=123 (down from 150 in Sept 2011)
Triglycerides=91 (down from 129 in Sept 2011)
So… I am the new spokesperson for HCG! I love that stuff!! smile The second round for me was amazing. I was very disciplined and determined and after about the 3rd day, it become very easy for me. I was able to drop 14lbs in an 18 day cycle!!!! AND….I am keeping that off with very little effort! OMG I couldn’t be happier! I am in the body that I am comfortable in once again! That feels so good. I am continuing to eat clean and exercise, it is a great life change!
Hi Lynese – In an old file I found a print out from an online longevity calculator I had used in 2007 (www.eons.com). I thought I was doing well because it said I would likely live to 86! But I just re-took the survey. Basically by cutting out the coffee, carbs and sugar, increasing my exercise and losing weight, I’ve apparently added 13 years to my life!! The calculator now says I could live to be 99!! With a little more exercise and a little less work, I could live to 106!! Thanks for all the added years Lynese!!!
All the best.
P.S. – I saw Diane over the weekend – she’s looking great, and is so happy with her weight loss.
Hi Lynese – Just had to share this with you. I have appeared in an online newsletter (Legal Bisnow) twice – the first time a year ago and the second time today. Look at the difference in my photos!
It’s an absolute miracle! In the older photo even my eyelids look fat! I can’t get over how much I now look like my old self – of 20 years ago! I certainly don’t look like I’m closing in on 59, do I??
The best thing anyone has said to me so far was a comment made by a neighbor who saw me today for the first time in over a year. At first he didn’t recognize me. Then he just stared intently into my face for a few minutes and said “How is your mother?” (I was confused because he doesn’t know my mother). Then he said “I had to ask that because you look like your own daughter!” Wow!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
“With that said, I have been getting incredible compliments:
“You look like a movie star”
“What have you been doing”
“You look amazing”
“You look ten years younger”
I feel incredible”
Hi – hope you are doing well. Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I’m getting there. I wanted to let you know I hit the 30 lb loss today!!! Yeah! So excited! Clothes that didn’t fit are fitting. Clothes I used to wear are too big. Feeling great! A little nervous about tomorrow’s feeding frenzy- but hoping to not overindulge too bad.
Anyway – just had to tell you that my size 12 pants have been falling off of me! I went to Target this weekend to get some cheap crop pants and shorts for the summer – still not wanting to invest much in clothes that are not my “target” size. (I’ve blown past the size 14 shorts I couldn’t fit into for years). And wouldn’t you know – the 12s were too big – I fit best in the size 10!!
I’M A 10!!! I’m amazed!!
I broke the 170 barrier too – I’m now 168. Just 13 pounds to go to my goal weight. I can’t believe it. The meds have been working like a charm. I think the extra thyroid has really boosted me past a plateau. I’m cleaning out my closet like a madwoman; I can’t believe how much clothing I have for donations.
I’m still getting double takes and amazed looks from people who haven’t seen me for awhile. And after remarking how great I look, a girlfriend recently peered suspiciously at me and said – “And have you had something done to your face too? You look younger!” And I do!
Hi Lynese — Great news – seems a fibroid has disappeared! The ultrasound revealed only one fibroid this time, and it is just a little teensy bit smaller than before. So it hasn’t gotten any bigger at all. And the other fibroid didn’t show up on the ultrasound. smile
Thank goodness I did not get that hysterectomy, huh? and thank goodness I came to you to start the bio-identical hormone therapy. I believe that the progesterone is working. And I’m so glad I’m not on the birth control pills anymore. BTW, haven’t had a period since September, and haven’t had any hot flashes either! Life is good.